Looking for a family event this weekend, away from the high-energy concerts and boat races at the beach? The town of Silverhill, north of Foley, would love to welcome you to their free Heritage Day festivities on Saturday, October 16, 2010.
Of course you will find the vendor booths tempting you with delicious food, souvenir merchandise, games and terrific local arts and crafts. And of course there will be live musical entertainment. But take note of all the extras that make this day even more fun:
- Motorcycle Show 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.—and you are welcome to show your bike for a $10 entry fee.
- A morning visit by an Elvis impersonator.
- Marching bands and more in the kick-off parade at 10:00 a.m.
- Relics from Silverhill’s history, honoring Czechoslovakia, Finland, Norway and Sweden will be on display in The Little Hall.
- Demonstrations of RC racers, including airplanes and on- and off-road cars and trucks.
- Tours of some of the local businesses.
- Little Miss Silverhill pageant for first graders.
- Martial arts demonstrations.
- Inflatables and train rides for the kids.
Join the small town of Silverhill in their big celebration of the year, located at the Silverhill Ball Park and Little Hall. And feel the satisfaction of helping to generate funds for the Silverhill Kids Park and Silverhill Ball Parks. You’ll find the town about 10 miles north of Foley, just west of Hwy. 59 on Hwy. 104. For more information, call Silverhill Town Hall at 251-945-5198.
Stay informed of local activities, vacation rental specials and more by subscribing to this Discover Alabama Beaches blog and Meyer Muse, and by following Meyer Real Estate on Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.