When word got out last fall that a series of gospel concerts was being planned to benefit the Gulf Coast Disaster Relief Fund, more than 100 performing groups clamored to be part of it. Many so genuinely wanted to help this good cause that they waived some or all of their fees. And now everyone involved in any way has the opportunity to benefit from their generosity in multiple ways:
· Hearing such passionate musical presentations is just plain good for the soul.
· The low ticket price of only $10 (payable at the door) makes it accessible for so many folks to feel the spirit of the music.
· These shows expose the listeners to music and talent they might otherwise be unfamiliar with, and the musicians will enjoy gaining new fans.
· Sharing an uplifting experience with neighbors takes our minds off of the stresses of everyday life and creates new opportunities to bond with each other.
· And perhaps most important, every dollar raised goes into the relief fund to help local folks who have struggled as a result of disaster.
The first performance of this weekend will be Friday, February 11, featuring The Talley Trio. Known today as one of Southern gospel music’s most popular family groups, they have produced ten number-one singles.
Saturday evening, February 12, brings the five men of Gold City to the stage. The vocal quartet plus pianist enjoys a strong reputation, as demonstrated by 50 hit songs and numerous Dove nominations.
Both concerts will be held at Romar Beach Baptist Church in Orange Beach at 7:00 p.m.
More performances in the series of benefit gospel concerts are planned through April. For further information, visit the Lighthouse Gospel Productions website or call 251-981-8966.
Stay informed of local activities, vacation rental specials and more by subscribing to this Discover Alabama Beaches blog and Meyer Muse, and by following Meyer Real Estate on Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.