You decided to spend Easter at the beach, and we’re so glad you are here! We know many of our visitors and residents enjoy experiencing traditional (and not-so-traditional) holiday festivities. No problem! You’ll find something for all ages throughout the weekend.
Enjoy the beautiful Easter weekend by participating in fun events at the beach!
* An Easter Bonnet Dog Parade will be held at The Wharf (Orange Beach) on Saturday morning, April 3. Arrive by 10 if you wish to peruse the vendor booths, then view the costume contest and photo-taking at 11. The parade starts at noon, led by the contest winner. Other activities included are raffles, intuitive pet readings, pet/owner lookalike contest and more. The event is free, but also encourages donations that will be distributed among local animal rescue societies. For more information, call 251-224-1012 or visit The Wharf’s event calendar.
* The Bear Point (Orange Beach) Annual Easter Celebration and Egg Hunt is scheduled for Saturday, April 3, from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. Enjoy a hamburger/hot dog cookout lunch and bake sale before the 1:00 egg hunt. The child who finds the most eggs in each age group wins a prize. For more information, call 251-610-8063 or visit the Bear Point website.
* Easter Sunday beachside services will be held at 6:30 a.m. at Gulf State Park (non-denominational), 7 & 8 a.m. behind The Hangout (Methodist), and 7:30 a.m. behind Romar Beach Baptist Church.
* The Hangout (Gulf Shores) will be serving Easter brunch following the 8 a.m. service (see above); adults $22, children ages 7–10 $12, children 3 and under $6. An Easter egg hunt for age groupings will be held at scheduled times between 11 and 3. A best baby bunny contest winner will receive a large Easter basket. Winner of the best bunny dad contest will receive a $500 VIP pass to The Hangout Beach, Music and Arts Festival in May. For more information, call 251-948-3030 or visit The Hangout website.
* LuLu’s at Homeport Marina (Gulf Shores) is hosting an Easter Egg Hunt at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 4. Also available will be pictures with the Easter Bunny. For details, call 251-967-5858 or visit LuLu’s website.
* The Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo (“The Little Zoo That Could”) is holding a fundraiser at Island Outfitters (468 W. Beach Blvd., Gulf Shores) from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m. Enjoy the guitar group Roman Street as they perform their own blend of jazz, Latin, fusion and more. Visit with a kangaroo and a parrot, and purchase raffle tickets. The event is free but donations are encouraged. To learn more about the zoo, call 251-968-5732 or visit their website.
We wish you a wonderful Easter weekend, no matter how you choose to spend it!
Stay informed of local activities, vacation rental specials and more by subscribing to this Discover Alabama Beaches blog and Meyer Muse, and by following Meyer Real Estate on Twitter, Facebook and MySpace.